Title: Power Moves: How Women Can Pivot, Reboot, and Build a Career of Purpose
Author: Lauren McGoodwin
Hardcover: 288 pages
Publisher: Harper Business
Publishing date: May 19, 2020
Average customer review: 5 out of 5 stars
Who is this book for?
- Young professionals who feel stuck and are lacking career fulfillment
- Followers of McGoodwin’s Career Contessa site who want to build on their career know-how
- Businesswomen who are seeking growth and a career change
What’s inside this book?
- Information, guidance, advice and essential tools to help women shed self-doubt and fear, and also take bold steps forward in their careers
- Helpful to-do’s and checklists to provide accountability
- Powerful graphics to bring the lessons to life
5 lessons you’ll learn from this book:
- How to cut out comparison, shame, and self-loathing
- How to abandon the idea of that elusive “dream job”
- How to embrace your inner questioner, your inner quester and your inner quitter
- How to make money moves and take control of your financial future
- How women can build a successful career on their own terms
4 questions this book will answer for you:
- What is a Power Move and why does it matter?
- How can I tune out noise and better tune in my own voice?
- How can I bypass the quest for perfection and move directly toward career growth?
- What practical steps do I need to take before making a career change?
What people are saying about this book:
- Honest, candid, and thoughtful
- An easy read with actionable advice
- Power Moves is an honest and brave manifesto on how to take control of your career and, ultimately, your happiness, on your terms.
- If you are ready to achieve real success in your career (and life), this is the book you absolutely need to read right now.
- There is a certain type of savvy I thought couldn’t be taught, but Lauren McGoodwin is making her sharp instincts accessible to everyone. She is part trusted friend who knows what you’re up against, part professional guru who wants to help you realize your full potential.
Are you a Lauren McGoodwin fan? Tell us what you love about her approach in the comments.