Title: MoneyZen: The Secret to Finding Your “Enough”
Author: Manisha Thakor
Hardcover: 208 pages
Publisher: Harper Business
Publishing Date: Aug. 8, 2023
Who is this book for?
- Readers of any age and background who have ever felt like they can never measure up.
What’s inside this book?
- A breakdown of the personal, cultural and societal forces that lead people into believing they can never have or do enough.
- Leading financial expert, Manisha Thakor’s joy-based approach to living with financial health and emotional wealth.
- Inspiring stories of people from all walks of life who’ve struggled with “Never Enough”.
4 lessons you’ll learn from this book:
- How personal traumas, cultural influences, societal pressures and biology make us believe that, if we just had “more”, all our problems would be solved.
- How to get off the hamster wheel and reclaim your life.
- Financial Health + Emotional Wealth = MoneyZen.
- How to stop equating your self-worth with your net worth.
4 questions this book will answer for you:
- How can I feel like I have enough?
- Can I really achieve authentic joy?
- Why are so many of us unhappy, exhausted and worn out – even if we’re following all the rules we’ve been taught?
- How can my work and the rest of my life fit together?
What people are saying about this book:
“MoneyZen is an essential book for anyone who wants to reimagine their relationship with work and money, create more time for the things that really matter, and live a happier, more meaningful life.” – Ashley Willians
Too many professionals are caught in a never-ending trap of seeking ‘more.’ Manisha Thakor provides a way out—a sustainable path to building the lives and careers we want.” — Dorie Clark
“If ‘doing it all’ so you can ‘have it all’ was a successful strategy for health and happiness, it should have worked by now. Our exhaustion, sense of overwhelm, and joylessness begs us to take a very different route. MoneyZen offers you a seat on the life raft of ENOUGH. Get on it.” — Mary LoVerde
“MoneyZen is a manifesto for finding calm, confidence, and clarity around the role work and money should play in our lives. Drawing on her years of expertise, Manisha proves it’s never too late—and never too early—to embrace the MoneyZen mindset. An empowering must-read.” — Deepa Purushothaman
“A potent call to get away from one’s desk.” — Publishers Weekly
TikTok Inspo: What did you think of MoneyZen? Share your opinion in the comments.