Title: The Anxious Achiever: Turn Your Biggest Fears into Your Leadership Superpower
Author: Morra Aarong-Mele
Hardcover: 272 pages
Publisher: Harvard Business Review Press
Publishing Date: April 11, 2023
Who is this book for?
- Anyone in a leadership position who’s ever stressed about feeling anxious in the workplace.
- Readers looking to turn their anxiety into success in their career.
What’s inside this book?
- A compelling guide to managing the anxiety that accompanies success and leadership from a top-rated podcaster, entrepreneur and mental health advocate.
- Morra’s personal stories, research-based insights into mental health and practical advice culled through her years in the field of workplace mental health.
3 lessons you’ll learn from this book:
- Anxiety is built into the nature of leadership.
- Anxiety should be harnessed into a force for good.
- You can learn to resist perfectionism, manage social anxiety and set boundaries to prevent burnout.
4 questions this book will answer for you:
- How can I confront my bad habits and unhealthy coping mechanisms?
- How do I deal with feedback, criticism and impostor syndrome?
- How do I model and communicate healthy behavior as a leader?
- How do I figure out my own anxiety profile so I can recognize and avoid common thought traps and triggers?
What people are saying about this book:
“Aarons-Mele has written an astonishing book. This is not a book for just anxious achievers–it’s a book for any human being who wants to transform their mental health.” – Andy Dunn
“Armed with the concepts in this well-researched, raw and vulnerable work, you will learn how to take anxiety and channel it toward a powerful purpose.” — Rita McGrath
“Great leaders take their mental health seriously. The Anxious Achiever gives you the skills to do it.” – Dorie Clark
TikTok Inspo: What did you think of The Anxious Achiever? Share your own review with us in a 15-second video.