Title: Money Magic: An Economist’s Secrets to More Money, Less Risk, and a Better Life
Author: Laurence Kotlikoff
Hardcover: 320 pages
Publisher: Little, Brown Spark
Publishing date: Jan. 4, 2022
Who is this book for?
- Anyone struggling with making financial choices
- Readers of any age or stage who are looking for the magic path toward financial independence
What’s inside this book?
- A framework for a happier and safer financial life
- Practical tips for enhancing your standard of living and achieving financial independence
- Spellbinding money tricks culled from economic research
4 lessons you’ll learn from this book:
- How to transform your financial thinking
- How to choose a career that will enable you to maximize your lifetime earnings
- How to buy a superior education for less and graduate debt-free
- Why you may want to cash out your IRA to pay off your mortgage
4 questions this book will answer for you:
- What are the financial ramifications of delaying retirement?
- How can I lower my average lifetime tax bracket?
- Does financial planning need to be a tiresome chore?
- How can economics and advanced computation help me improve my financial health?
What people are saying about this book:
“Fact-filled, wisdom-filled, Money Magic is quite probably the best financial advice book ever written. You can read it for Laurence Kotlikoff’s sage advice, which tells how to manage your finances for a happier, better life. You can also read it for fun: there is a laugh on almost every page. You should read it for both.” ―George Akerlof
“Money Magic is a delightful book. With wit and wisdom, Kotlikoff delivers rich economic insights, concrete advice, and hard-nosed, yet soft-hearted guidance on financial planning, all well-grounded in the science of finance. It will change your financial thinking and improve your financial life. Wherever in the lifecycle, beginning student to beginning retiree, the reader is in for a treat: Bon Appetit!” ―Robert C Merton
“Full of invaluable guidance, this is a must-read for anyone concerned about their financial future.”―Publisher Weekly
“The best personal finance book you’ll read this year.” ―Terry Savage
“Laurence Kotlikoff, the provocative Boston University economics professor and Social Security expert, has written an excellent new book, Money Magic: An Economist’s Secrets to More Money, Less Risk, and a Better Life In it, he offers counterintuitive and surprising personal finance tips regardless of your age.”―Kerry Hannon
Your Turn: What did you think of Money Magic? Share your opinion in the comments.