Title: My Money My Way: Taking Back Control of Your Financial Life
Author: Kumiko Love
Hardcover: 240 pages
Publishing date: Feb. 1, 2022
Who is this book for?
- Single women looking for tips on managing finances on their own.
- Anyone who’s ever battled feelings of guilt, shame, doubt and/or deprivation in relation to money.
- Individuals looking to live a financially emancipated life.
What’s inside this book?
- Kumiko’s story of how she went from a newly divorced mom pulling in just $24,000 a year and facing $77,000 in debt to living completely debt-free in a home she bought with cash.
- Stories of moms, like Kumiko, who successfully navigated divorce and the financial challenge of making it alone.
- Practical tools and tips for letting go of shame and deprivation for living a financially secure and fulfilling life.
4 lessons you’ll learn from this book:
- How to harness your emotions to your financial benefit, instead of letting them control you and drive your money choices.
- How to create a budget based on your actual life, not a life of self-deprivation.
- How to create a debt payoff plan that can work.
- How to build a positive relationship with money.
4 questions this book will answer for you:
- How can I reverse negative thinking patterns that I’ve grown accustomed to?
- How can I align my emotional health with my financial health?
- Can I take control of my finances with a low income and high credit card debt?
- Do I need to live with constant deprivation to have a financially secure life?
What people are saying about this book:
- “It’s no surprise that millions of people flock to Kumiko Love for her financial advice. She’s able to do the impossible: teach others about money in a non-judgmental, down-to-earth way while also making concepts, like budgeting and debt-repayment, exciting and fun.” – Jessica Moorhouse
- “No shame. No condescension. Just real, practical money talk from a woman who lives it. Kumiko reminds us that our money struggles and mistakes are not a reflection of who we are or what we can achieve. And her tools and strategies offer an easy-to-follow framework for using money to build a lifestyle you love.” – Stefanie O’Connell Rodriguez
- “If you’re ready to break free from a dysfunctional relationship with money and build wealth from a place of strength, Kumiko’s book is a must-read.” – Marie Forleo
- “It’s so wonderful to see more voices join the movement that money shouldn’t be rigid or restrictive. Kumiko Love and her money management style will help you feel seen and capable instead of shamed and distressed — no matter the money mistakes in your past.” – Erin Lowry
Your Turn: What did you think of My Money My Way? Share your opinion in the comments.