Title: Single Women and Money: How to Live Well on Your Income
Author: Margaret Price, Jill Gianola
Hardcover: 216 pages
Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers
Publishing date: Nov. 11, 2021
Who is this book for?
- Single women who are struggling to live a financially secure and successful life on a single salary, which is typically less than what men earn.
- Soon-to-be single women looking for concrete advice on managing while on one income stream.
What’s inside this book?
- Practical tools to help single women achieve and maintain financial independence.
- Financial advice from experts on issues specific to divorcees, widows and single moms.
- Real-life stories of single women who are financially secure and the steps they took to get there.
- Resources for single women experiencing financial difficulties.
4 lessons you’ll learn from this book:
- How to save and spend wisely on a single salary.
- How to get rid of debt when you’re living alone.
- How to find investments that align with your values.
- How to plan for a solo retirement.
4 questions this book will answer for you:
How can I support my children and give them a financially secure childhood when I’m living single?
- Is it possible to reenter the workforce at age 55?
- How can I protect my financial assets and leave a legacy as a single woman?
- How can society help single women through financial difficulties?
What people are saying about this book:
- “Whether widowed, divorced, or never partnered, single women all too often face greater financial challenges than do single men and married couples. This book contains sound advice and valuable resources for women of all ages seeking financial security and peace of mind on their own.” – George Manne
- “Single women face enormous financial problems. This canny guide to personal finance, geared toward a large (66 million) share of the U.S. population, spells out smart strategies to surmount the obstacles. How to handle retirement planning, debt, taxes, single motherhood, landing a job after age 55—all these vital questions get answered, and well, by the intrepid team of Margaret Price and Jill Gianola.” – Janet Marks
- “Single Women and Money delivers clear, concise, hands-on information. It’s the breakthrough guide to financial security that America’s millions of single women can use.” – Larry Light
Your Turn: What did you think of Single Women and Money? Share your opinion in the comments.