Title: How to Adult: Personal Finance for the Real World
Author: Jake Cousineau
Paperback: 235 pages
Publisher: Independently published
Publishing date: March 23, 2021
Who is this book for?
- High school graduates, college students and any other young adult who needs to prepare for the financial realities of adulthood.
- Young adults who’ve made money mistakes due to a lack of financial education and want to learn how to better handle their money in the future.
What’s inside this book?
- A clear, easy-to-understand explanation of financial topics, like compound interest, mutual funds, insurance deductibles, Roth IRAs and more.
- Practical examples and real-life anecdotes to bring financial lessons home.
- Hands-on tools to help readers jump-start their financial journeys.
- A “Build Your Skills” section at the end of each chapter inviting readers to test their knowledge and retention of the chapter’s material.
5 lessons you’ll learn from this book:
- The foundational concepts of personal finance and building wealth.
- How to avoid costly financial missteps.
- How to budget, save and invest your money wisely.
- How taxes and insurance work.
- How to prepare for life’s big expenses.
3 questions this book will answer for you:
- What are the financial basics I need to know to make it in the real world?
- How can I avoid making money mistakes as a young adult?
- Can I learn about finances without breaking my brain over complicated jargon and complex concepts?
What people are saying about this book:
- “This! This is what I needed when I was in high school. It is also what I needed when I was in college, and when I bought my first car, and when I bought my first house, and when I opened my first credit card. Every high school student in America should have to pass a class that uses this book. The real-world examples are relatable and make the reader feel like they are armed with the knowledge they need. It doesn’t just make you book smart. It makes you street smart.” — Stukent Personal Finance
- “In How to Adult, Jake Cousineau engages readers using a blend of storytelling, analogies, charts and research to deliver key financial lessons. Whether it’s comparing index funds to sports teams, or interest to pineapple on pizza, Jake has a gift in delivering financial advice in a way that will educate adults, young and old alike!” — NGPF Personal Finance
- “The author does an excellent job of explaining complex concepts in clear terms using common language. I learned something new about taxes despite having filed them for the past 15 years. Clever and approachable. Highly recommend.” — Zach G
Your Turn: What did you think of How to Adult? Share your opinion in the comments.